Sunday, September 21, 2008

1 class down, many more to go...

I know that I didn't update my blog last weekend, but in my defense I did have a huge test on Monday and a Final on Friday. I passed my unified exam and I don't have my grade back from my bioethics final on Friday but I think I did well! I'm officially done with one medical school class!

I am still on the quest for a picture of a constable in their funny looking hats but until then I figured I would give you a little bit of a teaser:believe me it looks so much funnier on an actual officer.

On Monday night after my unified exam I went to Metrocentre (Europe's Largest Mall) which is only 7 minutes away from Newcastle center by train. It has the ONLY mexican restaurant in Newcastle and it's still chain mexican food (more like Margarita's from the states). We then walked around the mall a bit and nearly got lost. They have so many stores including a build-a-bear and a disney store (both of which I never expected to see on this side of the atlantic).

I haven't taken any trips sense I last blogged, as I've been studying LOTS!

I did want to update you all on the laundry situation here, because if nothing else I need to laugh at it. There is 1 washing maching and 2 dryers for 150 students (yeah, you thought you had it bad). There is always someone doing laundry and I strongly contimplated waking up at 4 in the morning to do laundry, luckily I was able to put a load in after one of my flatmates. However, it did take me 2 seperate days to complete all 4 loads of laundry that I had to do.

A lot of students are thinking about moving off campus next semester to live closer to school and not have to take the metro in every morning, I'm considering it but I'm still not sure. It would be such a pain to move all my stuff.

That's all for now, my life has been pretty boring and filled with studying, Cheers!

No comments: