Sunday, November 2, 2008

Pink, Bolton, Halloween, oh my!

I've really been slacking on updating my blog these past few weeks, so I'm going to try to make up for it now and let you know what I've been up to sense Dublin. The weekend after I went to Dublin the we had a school sponsored event called the Pink Party (and all the money we raised went to Breast Cancer awareness), but the best part about the evening is that everyone was wearing pink, even the guys! The event was at a club in downtown Newcastle, and the first person I saw when I walked in the door was Professor Gillateux (our histology professor). The faculty and administration here really do try to come to our events, which I think is nice and really shows that they support us. We all had an amazing night, and there was another girl there who I share a birthday with and she came in wearing that fabulous pink birthday hat. We decided to share that hat throughout the evening!
This is stephanie and I before the pink party!

I've stolen the birthday hat, and am proudly wearing it!

The next friday night I went to see Michael Bolton in concert, yes you heard me right Michael Bolton, and it was a lot of fun. I went with my flatmate (Haley) and we were probably the youngest people there but we still had a blast. We met this really nice local couple before the concert who told us all about living in Newcastle, and where we had to go to get real fish and chips. They also helped us with pronouciation of certian words: Gosforth is gos-futh, metro is met-roe 2 syllables, hiya - hi, and other greeting phrases that i could barely undertand and just nodded my head to.

It took me a long time to decide what to be for halloween, mainly because I hadn't dressed up for halloween for years. Our school hosted a charity event halloween party called party tyne. Our muscial band for the evening consisted of 2 of our professors which was hallarious. I never thought I would see histo Harry playing the drums, and Dr. Holmes on the guitar and lead singer. It was an amuzing night to say the least. At one point they got a bunch of us on stage (including me) to sing Mustang Sally, which I learned while being on stage. The band played a variety of music, and it was just nice to see every one in their costumes. I finally decided to be a cat, but my favorite costume of the night was the oompah loompahs they pulled it off so well, and it was very creative!

This term is going by so quickly, we have 5 weeks until finals and then we are off for a month! I plan on doing a little more exploring in this area before finals, and get that picture of a constable. I did see one the other day, but did not have my camera on me... I hope you are all doing well! Miss you lots!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope there were clothes involved in that scandalous cat ears costume.